- Top Award
- For the person who is "tops" (use
small toy tops)
- Top Banana
- For the person who is in charge (plastic banana or
dole banana sticker.
- Top Hat Award
- For the person we must take our hats off to (mount
top hat on base.
- YDG Award
- "Ya Done Good" (cut out letters from vinyl or
- Whale Award
- For the person who does a whale of a good job (can be a
toy or cut out the shape of a whale)
- Whisk Award
- For the person who is un"beat"able at
"whisking away our troubles (small whisk broom or wire whisk)
- Puzzle Award
- For the person who makes the pieces fall into place
(puzzle shape cardboard - minus one? - taped on the back.
- to round up all the Cub Scouts (and/or parents) for meetings -
also for "tying up all those loose ends".
- Silver Spoon Award
- For the person who really digs in to help (spray
paint a plastic spoon)
- Spark Plug Award
- For the person who is the "main" spark
(spark plug, either painted or plain, on a base)
- Sponge Award
- For new leaders to encourage them to soak up the ideas
and energies of the experienced leaders around them (a sponge)
- Hop To It Award
- Mount a plastic frog for a "Hopping Good
Job" or someone who "hopped to it and got it done.
- Key to Successful Scouting
- Cut out a giant key and give to leaders
who are the key to success of a program.
- Life Saver Award
- For the person who saved you (mount life saver on
base or package of lifesaver candies)
- Live Wire Award
- For the person who is a "live wire" in
your unit. (form wire into the words "live wire" and mount)
- Lollipop Award
- For the person who can't be licked (mount small
sucker on base of give giant all day sucker -- "Ain't been
- Measure Up
- Give a 6" ruler to the leader whose performance set
- Nuts About ____ Award
- Attach nuts to a plaque adding moveable eyes
and smiles, for the leader who had to be "nuts" to take on a
- On the Ball Award
- Is there a den leader or other person in the pack
that always seems to have everything together? Take a board and
glue half of a ball covered with an old nylon stocking to it. Glue
a small doll on the top of that to show others that this person is on
- Order of the Bear
- Any type of bear given to the leader who did a
"Beary Good Job", made things "bearable", or for the
- Pear Award
- For a great "pair" mount a plastic pear on
base and give to best husband and wife team.
- Helping Hand Award
- For the person who is willing to lend you his
(mount small hand on a spring on a base.
- Heart Award
- For the person
who is all heart (give large plastic heart, wooden, or cardboard cutout
- check gift shops)
- Heads Award
- For the person who is
"heads" above the rest (mount small wooden heads on a base.
- For the person who participated in a winter activity (cut
mitten shape from fur and attach a thong)
- Thyme, The Spice of Life
- (Place some dried thyme in a bottle, or tie a bunch of thyme with
ribbon, and attach this poem. Give to your favorite leader.)
- Time marches on, I've been told this is true.
- So many commitments - will they ever be through?
- Get the kids off to school, do the shopping and cook
- Their jobs, their committees, they could ride a book.
- They'd include all the shortcuts they take every day
- To make sure that Cub Scouting fits in on the way.
- Because, as you know, it entails quite a lot
- Make a fire, work on badges, bring treats, tie a knot.
- Their work could go on until midnight or more
- But they really won't mind, it's the boys they adore.
- So in order to keep them in step at that pace
- We've bottled spare thyme for them - just in case!
- Crossroads of America, 1992