- I shall study my boys so that I may understand them.
- I shall like my boys so that I can help them.
- I shall learn - for they have much to teach me.
- I shall laugh - for youth grow comfortable with laughter
- I shall give myself freely - yet I shall take, so that they may
acquire the habit of giving.
- I shall be a friend - for a friend is needed.
- I shall lead - yet I shall be aware of pushing.
- I shall listen - for a listener prevents combustion.
- I shall warm them when my experience warrants it.
- I shall command when actions merit it.
- I shall overlook mistakes - yet I will not blame them.
- Lastly, I shall try to be that which I hope they think I am.