|(One boy steps forward and recites each line
of the Cub Scout Promise. Another boy recites the accompanying
- I promise:
- An assurance I make, a pledge to do right. I
keep it before me, a bright shining light.
- To do my best:
- I promise to try, then folks will believe in me.
- To do my duty to God:
- To God, the creator, I'm sure you will agree.
So let's keep it always, the Land of the Free.
- To help other people:
- If I am helpful, faithful, and just; then I'm
deserving of everyone's trust.
- And to obey the Law of the Pack:
- A guide for each day, as we go on our way. And
a good one to know, as we follow and grow.